Thank you for your interest in working for the Reconstructionist movement. All available positions are listed below.
Reconstructionist Rabbinical College is a great place for a career and we are committed to providing a caring, supportive and challenging work environment that allows faculty and staff members to reach their full potential. A job with the Reconstructionist movement is a great way to spend each day making the world a better place.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, and time off for major Jewish and American holidays.
For more information or to submit your cover letter and resume, please email Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Current employment opportunities:
Our Strategic Advancement Department announces an opening for a highly motivated Major Gifts & Planned Giving Officer. The successful candidate will work closely with the Vice President for Strategic Advancement to develop and implement strategies for prospective and current major donors to ensure that Reconstructionist communities and our rabbinical school continue to share, create and innovate new ways for Jewish lives to be filled with deep meaning and purpose. This person will also oversee and further develop the institution’s Planned Giving program, a crucial role to ensure that our institution will have the resources needed to create a boldly relevant Judaism today and far into the future.
- Build and manage a portfolio of current and prospective major donors.
- Research, identify, cultivate and solicit prospective major donors.
- Set strategy for and oversee unique cultivation events for current and prospective donors.
- Oversee and augment our Planned Giving program.
- Travel to our various congregations across the continent to build donor relationships.
- A proven record of closing five and six figure gifts.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with a diverse array of people.
- Experience motivating people toward a specific philanthropic purpose.
- Experience with development information systems and databases (Raiser’s Edge strongly preferred).
- Working knowledge of the North American Jewish philanthropic landscape.
- Willingness to travel extensively across North America.
- The candidate must be self-motivated to build a portfolio of donors, and then develop and bring plans for each donor to fruition in a deadline driven environment. A strong ability to translate ideas and concepts into clear actionable items is necessary.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing our compelling and inspired vision of core purpose.
- Ability to close large gifts.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to work closely with others in a way that builds something greater than the sum of its parts.
- Ability to work with development information systems and databases.
- A strong sense of responsibility for achieving personal fundraising goals while managing confidentiality, exercising discretion and displaying sound judgment.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. We will consider candidates in all stages of their development career, provided they can demonstrate the criteria listed.
Salary: Commensurate with experience/qualifications
Benefits and Classification: This is a full-time, exempt, professional position. Telecommuting may be available for the right candidate, with preference for the following areas: New York, Washington, D.C., or Los Angeles. We offer excellent benefits that include health insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, and time off for major Jewish and American holidays.
To Apply: Please submit your materials to email@example.com. Submissions without a cover letter and CV/resume will not be considered. No phone calls please.
About Reconstructionist Rabbinical College:
Why Us? We live in a moment when people are more connected to each other than ever, yet isolated—socially, geographically and spiritually—making our search for community and ultimate meaning difficult.
What Reconstructionism offers: Reconstructionists approach Judaism—and life—with deep consideration of the past and a passion to connect it to the present. In a rapidly changing world, Reconstructionist communities and our rabbinical school shares and creates new ways of being Jewish to ensure our lives are filled with deep meaning and purpose.
About the College and Movement: RRC is a vibrant, imaginative, and scholarly organization that trains the next generation of rabbis, supports and uplifts congregations and havurot, and encourages young people to be their best selves—while shaping what it means to be Jewish along the way.
Why you should come work with us: RRC and the broader Reconstructionist movement welcomes your voice, your energy, your questions and participation in something larger—creating a boldly relevant Judaism for today and tomorrow.
Part-time Administrative Assistant for Affiliate Support
The Reconstructionist Rabbinical College & Jewish Reconstructionist Communities seeks a highly motivated, tech savvy and customer service-oriented assistant for the department of Affiliate Support.
The right candidate is articulate, organized, and able to seamlessly move between tasks to complete projects and meet deadlines. The right candidate will be able to effectively communicate with varied groups of people, take ownership of tasks from start to finish, and be the keeper and dispenser of important institutional information while identifying opportunities and spotting potential issues.
- Administrative support and coordination of the Affiliate Support department: meeting coordination, tracking group projects, schedule management, other duties as assigned.
- Heavy communication with member congregations regarding inquiries, dues and other issues.
- Manage collection of dues from affiliate congregations. Receive, input and analyze dues data and membership data accurately and efficiently.
- Import and export data to Salesforce or other data systems. Understand and confirm accuracy of reports.
- Manage mass emails, organize and maintain listserves, track submission of content from various sources, assemble and format messages, schedule distribution.
- Manage the logistics of videoconferences and teleconferences, including scheduling and announcing meetings to participants, managing reservations, helping participants answer questions, assisting with registration, and managing meeting technology.
- Organize and execute mailing projects to congregations and members: letters, dues packets, college packets, holiday gift boxes.
- Facilitatand track travel arrangements and logistics for the department.
- Inter-departmental coordination of projects.
- Experience managing multiple, concurrent projects.
- Extensive Microsoft Outlook (calendar and email), Word and Excel experience required. PowerPoint experience preferred.
- Experience scheduling and executing meetings via virtual platforms required. Maestro, Wufoo & Zoom experience preferred.
- Database experience required: entry, maintenance and report creation. Salesforce experience preferred.
- Experience facilitating relationships.
- Experience working with the Jewish community preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate clearly and professionally orally and in writing.
- Ability to interact appropriately with leaders of congregations, other volunteers and staff.
- Ability to proficiently use the following without training: MS Office Suite (Mail Merge, Outlook (calendar and email), Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MailChimp & Salesforce.
- Ability to meet deadlines, self-motivate and track tasks.
- Ability to think critically and to troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Organized and attentive to details.
- Ability to project warmth, interest and competence in all interactions.
- Ability to retain information, master new skills quickly, and self-train.
- Associate Degree or higher preferred.
- Must be able to provide stellar professional references for relevant work.
Starting at $18 per hour.
This is a part-time, non-exempt position with an equivalent of 24 hours worked per week. Benefits include health insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, and time off for major Jewish and
American holidays. We offer a dynamic and progressive workplace.
Please send cover letter, resume and professional writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions without a cover letter and writing sample will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Reconstructionist Rabbinical College (RRC) is the primary organization of the Jewish Reconstructionist movement. We offer progressive rabbinical education and serve the Reconstructionist congregational community; RRC is the first combination of this kind in the Jewish world. We are committed to our roots in tradition, to egalitarianism and inclusion, and to helping Jewish communities flourish.
At RRC, students engage intensively with Jewish texts, thought and practice, and gain expertise as well as practical training. Each graduate enhances the movement and the greater Jewish community with a unique vision that integrates Jewish knowledge, dedication to the Jewish people, spiritual maturity, interpersonal skills and integrity.
Services for the community:
We work to build Jewish communities that are spiritually and intellectually vibrant while committed to Jewish learning, ethics and social justice. The movement provides publications, consulting services and resources to approximately 100 affiliated congregations and havurot. We also promote Reconstructionist values among our youth through No'ar Hadash—the Reconstructionist youth movement—and Camp Havaya.
Tags: job listings, employment, careers, human resources, available positions, jobs